Trekking to Kanchenjunga north base camp is one another most loved and most demanded trekking destinations among the clients of Nepal Adventure Bound. Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586 m), the third highest mountain in the world, lies in the border of Nepal and Sikkim (India). It is one of the unspoiled trekking trails awaiting you to come and explore its area.
Kanchenjunga North & South Base Camp Trekking The trekking to the north base camp offers an astonishing views of varieties of landscapes, unique cultures and panoramic views of four highest peaks of the world including, Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, along with Mt. Kanchenjunga. The difference between Kanchenjunga south base camp trekking and north base camp is that the north base camp trekking offers more magnificent views of the snow capped Himalayas, varied landscapes from the subtropical lowlands to the spectacular glacial plateaus, enchanting forests of rhododendrons and abundance of wildlife which includes the famous muck deer and blue sheep etc. Kanchenjunga north base camp trekking begins with flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar and subsequently flight to Suketar, then the trail continue to Ghunsa and the trail leads to Kunjar, Ma Manikhe, Chitre, Tseram, lapsang and finally reach at Ramze and Kanchanjunga north base camp, exploring the area, the trail descends down to Tseram, then it heads on to Lakep, Ramtang, Lhonak, Khangpachen, Phere, Amjilosa, Tapethok, Lingkhim and finally reach at Suketar from there you will catch plane to Biratnagar and then to Kathmandu.
|Maximum Elevation||Trek Style||Difficulty||Season||Duration|
|5161m (Lapsang Banjyang Pass)||Tea House/Home Stay||Hard||Sep-Nov/March-May||27 Days|
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu then transfer to the Hotel.
- Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 03: Fly to Biratnagar and drive to Taplejung.
- Day 04: Taplejung trek to Mitlung [920m].
- Day 05: Mitlung trek to Chiruwa [1270m].
- Day 06: Chiruwa trek to Sekathum [1576m].
- Day 07: Sekathum trek to Amjilosa [2308m].
- Day 08: Amjilosa trek to Gyabla [2730m].
- Day 09: Gyabla trek to Ghunsa [3550m].
- Day 10: Rest day in Ghunsa.
- Day 11: Ghunsa trek to Khambachen [4050m].
- Day 12: Khambachen trek to Lhonak [4780m].
- Day 13: Hike to Pangpema View Point [5388m].
- Day 14: Lhonak trek to Ghunsa.
- Day 15: Ghunsa trek to Sele-La Base Camp [4200m].
- Day 16: Sele-La trek to Cheram [3870m] via three passes.
- Day 17: Cheram trek to Ramche [4580m].
- Day 18: Ramche trek to Yalung Base Camp [4500m] and trek back to Cheram.
- Day 19: Cheram trek to Tortong [2995m].
- Day 20: Tortong trek to Yamphudin [2080m].
- Day 21: Yamphudin trek to Mamangkhe [1785m].
- Day 22: Mamangkhe trek to Ksesuwa [2120m].
- Day 23: Ksesuwa trek to Lali Kharka [2265m].
- Day 24: Lali Kharka trek to Taplejung.
- Day 25: Drive back to Biratnagar..
- Day 26: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 27: Free day in Kathmandu and farewell dinner in the evening
- Day 28: Final departure.
- Accommodation in a twin sharing basis in B/B plan in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All required trekking permits and necessary government paperwork.
- Kathmandu – Biratnagar and Biratnagar – Kathmandu flight fare.
- English-Speaking guide holding valid government license and Porters.
- Private transport to starting point of the trek and back to the ending point.
- Accommodation during the trek at the lodges.
- All meals during the trek (3 meals of your choice from the menu with three cups of tea/coffee).
- Insurance fee for guide and porters.
- Equipment for guide and porters.
- Necessary camping equipments (Two-man tent, Dining tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, and table and chairs).
- All airport transfers.
- Rescue service.
- All government taxes and local taxes.
- Farewell Dinner
- All personal expenses.
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills in Kathmandu and during the trek.
- Entry fees in temples or monasteries.
- Personal equipments
- Tips for the trekking staffs.
- Rescue fee.
- Any unforeseen additional change and/or extension in the trek due to weather, natural calamities, or political unrests.
Book this trips
Book this trips