Upper Dolpo Trek
Upper Dolpo Trek
Upper Dolpo and Shey Gompa trekking is one of the popular trekking trail primarily having trekking in the remote and hidden valley. The upper Dolpo is the home of herbs, areas of unspoiled trans-Himalayan culture, Buddhist monuments; unique human civilization, these all the features have made this place worth to visit. The people of Dolpo have a primitive lifestyle with their own dialect and culture. Dolpo was open to the outsiders only after 1990; therefore, tourists are required to obtain special permit for the government registered company.The culture of people inhibiting in the area has become one of the best preserved example of Tibetan Buddhism in the world. The unique hospitality and gorgeous landscapes of the areas not only has enchanted to many trekkers but it has been fondest and lifetime experience for many.
While having trekking, you visit several unique Buddhist monasteries, including Shey Gompa (The Crystal Monastery) which is an important pilgrimage site for Tibetans. Dolpo trekking is also called to be Himalaya pilgrimage trekking and hidden valley trek created by Tibetan Monk--Guru Rinpoche. Dolpo has been like a living library for many researchers who love to explore the beginning of the human civilizations and Tibetan Buddhism, apart from many other attractions. The Shey Phoksundo National Park—the largest national park in Nepal, Shey Phoksundo lake and its crystal waters, the rocks, forests, snow capped peaks in its surrounding, these all the features of Dolpo has dubbed it to be one of the world’s natural hidden wonders. Furthermore, the snowy peaks, ancient and isolated villages, rich wildlife, reliable Buddhist Monasteries and wonderful lakes, these all enthrall every one of you, who visit to the area. Dolpo, the best known of the many isolated high Himalayan valleys across northern Nepal, according to legend, the Dolpo is considered to be the hidden valleys created by Guru Rinpoche --a refuge for devout Buddhists in troubled times. The journey to Upper Dolpo begins with flight from Nepalgunj to Juphal, subsequently, from Jupal, you will head up to Dunai, the district headquarter and camp and continue along the banks of Barbung Khola to Tarakote, along Tarap Khola through grassy meadows, Magar villages, you will reach at the highest point of the trek called Numa La (5,190m), from there you will have magnificent views of Dhaulagiri to the south and Tibetan ranges C Kugung La and Khyung La to the north. Then you will descend down to Suli Gad River to Raha, finally to the hamlet of Juphal. From there, you catch plane to Nepalgunj or Pokhara or direct flight to Kathmandu.
|Maximum Elevation||Trek Style||Difficulty||Season||Duration|
|5360m||Tea house||Hard||October – May||24 Days|
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu then transfer to the Hotel.
- Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj.
- Day 04: Fly to Juphal [2400m] and trek to Dunai [2150m].
- Day 05: Dunai trek to Ankhe [2660m].
- Day 06: Ankhe trek to Renje [3104m].
- Day 07: Renje trek to Shey Phoksundo Lake [3600m].
- Day 08: Phoksundo Lake to Phoksundo Khola [3507m].
- Day 09: Phoksundo Khola trek to Phoksundo Bhanjyang [4402m].
- Day 10: Phoksundo Bhanjyang trek to Shey Gompa [4126m] via Kang-La Pass [5360m].
- Day 11: Explore and rest day in Shey Gompa.
- Day 12: Shey Gompa trek to Namduna Gaon [4400m] via Saldang-La Pass [4785m].
- Day 13: Namduna Gaon trek to Saldang [3903m].
- Day 14: Saldang trek to Sibu [3942m].
- Day 15: Sibu trek to foot of Jeng-La Pass [4369m].
- Day 16: Cross the Jeng-La Pass [4845m] and trek to Tokyu Gaon [4240m].
- Day 17: Tokyu Gaon trek to Dho Tarap [4090m].
- Day 18: Dho Tarap trek to Serkam [3630m].
- Day 19: Serkam trek to Khani Gaon [2550m].
- Day 20: Khani Gaon trek to Tarakot [2281m].
- Day 21: Tarakot trek to Dunai [2052m].
- Day 22: Dunai trek to Juphal [2404m].
- Day 23: Juphal fly back to Nepalgunj and fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 24: Free day in Kathmandu and farewell dinner in the evening.
- Day 25: Final Departure.
- Accommodation in a twin sharing basis in B/B plan in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All required trekking permits and necessary government paperwork.
- Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Juphal and Juphal – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu flight fare
- English-Speaking guide holding valid government license and Porters.
- KTM-LUA-KTM Airfare for Guest and Guide.
- Accommodation during the trek at the lodges.
- All meals during the trek (3 meals of your choice from the menu with three cups of tea/coffee).
- Insurance fee for guide and porters.
- Equipment for guide and porters.
- Necessary camping equipments (Two-man tent, Dining tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, and table and chairs).
- All airport transfers.
- Rescue service.
- All government taxes and local taxes.
- Farewell Dinner
- All personal expenses.
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills in Kathmandu and during the trek.
- Entry fees in temples or monasteries.
- Personal equipments
- Tips for the trekking staffs.
- Rescue fee.
- Any unforeseen additional change and/or extension in the trek due to weather, natural calamities, or political unrests.
Book this trips
Book this trips